Wednesday 30 June 2010

Is Google going after Facebook?

Google is stretching out it's boundaries as far as it can, and rumors started a few days ago that Google is on to build a full scale social network modeled after Facebook.

Google started digging into the social internet some time ago with Google Buzz, a very sweet concept of integrating status updates into GMail, but i'm not sure how successful it got as I don't use neither Buzz nor Twitter. Now Google is making "Google me" which is now a confirmed and high priority project. As far as I learned, Google assumed Facebook's growth would slow in time, and now they are pretty scared and set up to regain lost ground.

Isn't this move a bit late? I mean I know Google can offer way better services, servers and so on then most other companies out there, but this is all about popularity and public interest, which is already focused on Facebook. If their scheme works, there's going to be a really nice social network war out there, although I seriously doubt that.

Anyway, Google Me is definitely going to come out pretty soon and we'll all see what big, high priority social monster they are now building.

No comments:

Post a Comment